I’m a member of:
- ALT, the Association for Learning Technology.
- DiGRA, the “international association for academics and professionals who research digital games and associated phenomena”.
- The Playful Learning Association.
Paper and conference proposal reviewing
I’m on the editorial board of:
- Digital Culture and Education (ISSN: 1836-8301).
- The International Journal of Serious Games (ISSN: 2384-8766).
I assess conference proposals for:
- The annual DiGRA conference.
- The annual Playful Learning conference.
Funding proposal assessment
I regularly assess funding proposals in the wider education and research sectors, specialising in funding calls concerning the use of games, virtual worlds or virtual reality in education, teaching or learning. Organisations I’ve carried this out for include:
- The Arts and Humanities Research Council.
- The British Educational Communications and Technology Agency.
- The UK Centres for Excellence in Teaching and Learning.
- The UK Department for Education.
- The Eduserv Foundation.
- The Higher Education Funding Council for England.
- The UK education charity Jisc.